Wharehouse operatiors accept goods and check the type, quantity and quality of the deliveries on the basis of the accompanying documents. They record the goods via EDP, unpack them, check their condition, sort and store them properly or forward them to their destination in the company. They ensure that the goods are stored under optimal conditions. At regular intervals, they check the stock on hand and carry out inventories. For shipping, they pack goods, fill out accompanying documents, put together delivery units and load trucks. They mark, label and secure shipments. In doing so, they observe the relevant regulations, such as the hazardous goods ordinance and customs regulations. They transport the goods using transport equipment and conveyors, such as forklifts or sorting systems.
Quelle: Federal Employment Agency, BERUFENET – Dated 08/2020
Would you like to become a wharehouse operator?
Are you interested in the logistics sector and would you like to actively participate in a smooth process from goods receipt to goods issue
If you are, you should bring the following attributes to the role:
- A sense of order and care
- Commitment and dedication
- Ability to work in a team and sense of responsibility
- Endurance and concentration
That's what we offer you:
- Apprenticeship pay according to IG Metall tariff NRW
- Forklift driver's license
- Your own tablet for learning and creating your digital report booklet
- Internship abroad and trainee trips
Training duration: 2 years
If you perform well, you will be given the chance to become a "Warehouse Logistics Specialist" with just one more year of training.