Technical Product Designer specialising in mechanical and plant engineering
Technical product designers specialising in mechanical and plant engineering draft and design components, modules or entire plants according to customers' specifications. They work in cooperation with the development department and use CAD systems to produce detailed models, e.g. for the modernisation of machine tools. In this context, they comply with the relevant standards and enter the dimensions appropriate for production. They take electrotechnical components into account and select suitable standard parts and materials which satisfy the requirements in question. They implement change proposals, e.g. from non-conformity or test reports, within the design. They ensure that developments can be implemented in an economically efficient manner. Moreover, they also create assembly plans and parts lists for the production department. They update product documentation, manage the various development versions and create data backups.
Source: Federal Employment Agency, BERUFENET – Dated 11/2013
Are you interested in an apprenticeship as a technical product designer?
If you are, you should bring the following attributes to the role:
- Diligence and a willingness to learn
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a team
- Good spatial sense and computer literacy
- Good grades in mathematics, physics, German and English
We require the following documents from you:
- Application with your career aspirations
- Curriculum vitae in table format together with your application photo
- Copies of your last two certificates