Industrial mechanics ensure the operational availability of machinery and manufacturing plants. They fabricate device parts, machine components and assembly groups and install them for machines and technical systems. They then set them up, put them into operation and check their functionality.
Their tasks also include servicing and maintaining the systems. They determine the cause of any malfunctions, order suitable spare parts or manufacture these themselves and carry out repairs.
When assembly and test work is complete, they instruct their colleagues or customers on how to operate and handle the systems.
Source: Federal Employment Agency, BERUFENET – Dated 11/2013
Are you interested in an apprenticeship as an industrial mechanic?
If you are, you should bring the following attributes to the role:
- Diligence and a willingness to learn
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a team
- Technical interest
- Good grades in mathematics and physics
We require the following documents from you:
- Application with your career aspirations
- Curriculum vitae in table format together with your application photo
- Copies of your last two certificates