Industrial mechanics ensure the operational availability of machinery and manufacturing plants. They fabricate device parts, machine components and assembly groups and install them for machines and technical systems. They then set them up, put them into operation and check their functionality.
Their tasks also include servicing and maintaining the systems. They determine the cause of any malfunctions, order suitable spare parts or manufacture these themselves and carry out repairs.
When assembly and test work is complete, they instruct their colleagues or customers on how to operate and handle the systems.
Source: Federal Employment Agency, BERUFENET – Dated 11/2013
Would you like to become an industrial mechanic?
Are you interested in the fields of maintenance, assembly, process optimization, fixture and equipment construction?
If you are, you should bring the following attributes to the role:
- Interest in mechanical and technical interrelationships
- Manual dexterity
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team
That's what we offer you:
- Apprenticeship pay according to IG-Metall tariff NRW
- Own iPad for learning and creating your digital report booklet
- Own training workshop
- Internship abroad and trainee trips