Electronics engineers specialising in production engineering install electrical components and systems within the fields of electrical power supply, industrial operating systems or modern building systems and automation technology. They maintain these at regular intervals, modify and/or upgrade them and repair them in the event of a malfunction. They install line systems and power and information lines, as well as electrical equipment for machines together with the associated automation systems.
Electronics engineers programme, configure and check the systems and safety equipment. They organise assembly of the equipment and supervise the work conducted by service providers and other trades. When handing over the systems, electronics engineers specialising in production engineering instruct the future users regarding their operation.
Source: Federal Employment Agency, BERUFENET – Dated 11/2013
Would you like to become an electronics engineer?
Are you interested in the fields of switch cabinet construction, electronics production and electronics development?
If you are, you should bring the following attributes to the role:
- Interest in working with electronic devices
- Fun with mathematical and technical-physical processes
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team
That's what we offer you:
- Apprenticeship pay according to IG-Metall tariff NRW
- Own iPad for learning and creating your digital report booklet
- Own training workshop
- Internship abroad and trainee trips