EMG SOLID® IR
The measuring principle
Within the infrared spectroscopy with EMG SOLID® IR the system emitts an infrared light that passes through the oil layer, is scattered back from the strip surface and passes through the oil layer again.
In doing so the intensity of specific wavelengths of the oil layer is attenuated. According to the Lambert-Beer law, the layer thickness is then calculated from the logarithm of the absorption.
The used measuring head has been developed by our partner Infralytic GmbH.
- unaffected by oil mixtures
- easy calibration of new oil types and clear oil type classification due to group calibrations
- high repetition accuracy (min. 0.0015 g/m²)
- absolute and relative measurements possible
- no falsification through unevenly applied passivation coatings
- special EMG solution for keeping the lens clean
- automatic system check via integrated reference measurement
- high measuring accuracy
- worldwide proven technology