EMG SOLID® – Oil layer measurement
Optimise your oiling and forming process!
EMG SOLID® is a system that is used for the online measurement of oil layers on running strip material (SOLID = Surface Oil Layer Inline Determination).
The increased demands on new materials and more complex components require a greater process reliability. The oil layer has also become extremely important for the forming process of steel and aluminium sheet products. Ever increasing demands with regard to a uniform and defined lubricant layer are particularly apparent in the automotive industry.
The typical application spectrum of EMG SOLID® ranges from the rolling mill, where the initial application of oil is implemented, to metal processors, for whom sufficient lubrication in the forming process and an oil-free surface before coatings or paintings are applied, are essential.
EMG SOLID® performs an online measurement within the production line to determine the layer over the entire width and length and then visualises it over the entire measured surface.
- Technology selection depending on your individual demands and application requirements:
• Infrared spectroscopy: EMG SOLID® IR
• Laser-induced fluorescence spectroscopy: EMG SOLID® LIF
- EMG optimises its existing solutions continuously
- EMG combines advisory skills with long-term service and support
- Only EMG offers such a wide product portfolio including both quality assurance and strip guiding systems.
For further information and technical data, please refer to our product brochure.