EMG eMASS® – Electromagnetic strip stabilisation
Stable strip in coating processes
EMG eMASS® is a turnkey system for stabilising high-speed ferromagnetic steel strip material based on electro magnets. The main area of application is to optimise and economise the use of the metal coating at the blow-off nozzle of a hot-dip galvanising line for zinc coating, GALVALUME®* and aluminisation processes.
The system is installed above the air knife and as close as possible to the air knife lip, which wipes off the liquid metallic layer. Based on the experience of more than 50 installations around the world, EMG designs the integration of eMASS® systems for the air knife area in an optimal and customer-specific manner.
- Homogeneous zinc layer across the width and length of the strip
- Stable pass line of the strip and reduction of the "crossbow" effect
- Narrower air knife gap
- Possible zinc savings as a result of reduced over-coating
- Targeted and reliable production of low coating weights
- Lower air and nitrogen consumption
- Higher strip speed
- Improved weldability
- Avoidance of damage to the strip when used in a cooling tower
*GALVALUME® is a registered trademark of BIEC International Inc.
For further detailed information and technical data, please refer to our product brochure.
EMG eMASS® Movie
Phased out components
Here you will find an overview of all currently phased out components and the replacement solution offered by EMG for our eMASS® system.