Mechatronics engineers build complex mechatronic systems from mechanical, electrical and electronic components, such as robots for industrial production. They manufacture the individual components and assemble them into machinery and systems. They commission the finished systems and programme or install the appropriate software. They work according to wiring diagrams and design drawings and carefully inspect the systems before handing them over to their customers. They also perform maintenance and repair mechatronic systems.
Source: Federal Employment Agency, BERUFENET – Dated 11/2013
Would you like to become a mechatronics engineer?
Are you interested in the fields of switch cabinet construction, process optimization, maintenance, fixture and equipment construction?
If you are, you should bring the following attributes to the role:
- Interest in dealing with technical and electronic devices
- Manual dexterity
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team
We require the following documents from you:
- Apprenticeship pay according to IG-Metall tariff NRW
- Own iPad for learning and creating your digital report booklet
- Own training workshop
- Internship abroad and trainee trips