Electric servo cylinder ESZ
Electromechanical drive for the harshest environmental conditions
Based on a simple functional principle, the ESZ electric servo cylinder ensures maximum positioning accuracy even when subjected to the harshest environmental conditions. The preferred place of installation is in the furnace area, as flammable hydraulic oils are undesirable in the hot area. Utilisation on a carriage system, where the installation of hydraulics is often difficult or even impossible, is not a problem.
The ESZ represents an alternative to hydraulically operated variable speed drives.
Significant advantages of electric servo cylinders include:
- High environmental performance
- Lower energy consumption
- Low operating and maintenance costs
- No flammable hydraulic oils
A planetary gear drive (PGT) has been used for the electric cylinders developed by EMG, which offers the following advantages in comparison to conventional solutions:
- Simple functional principle
- High power transmission with a compact design
- High positioning and repetition accuracy
- Permanent zero backlash power transmission
- No intermediate gear necessary
Max. power depending on installation size:
10 kN, 25 kN, 50 kN, 100 kN
Nominal stroke depending on installation size (standard strokes):
100 mm, 200 mm, 300 mm, 400 mm, 500 mm
Larger strokes in 100 mm increments.