Cutting Machine Operator
Cutting machine operators produce precision metal parts for all kinds of technical products. These can be, for example, wheel hubs, gear wheels, motors and turbine parts. They set up turning, milling and grinding machines and modify CNC machine programmes for this purpose. They then mount the metal parts and tools into the machines, align them and start the work process. They consistently check to ensure the dimensions and surface quality of the finished workpieces correspond to the specifications. If any malfunctions occur, they determine their cause by using appropriate test methods and equipment and provide immediate remedial measures. They also perform maintenance and inspection tasks on the machines, checking mechanical components in particular.
Source: Federal Employment Agency, BERUFENET – Dated 11/2013
Are you interested in an apprenticeship as a cutting machine operator?
If you are, you should bring the following attributes to the role:
- Diligence and a willingness to learn
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a team
- Interest in technical processes and relationships
- Good grades in mathematics
We require the following documents from you:
- Application with your career aspirations
- Curriculum vitae in table format together with your application photo
- Copies of your last two certificates